Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baby Mia

Ryan's sister moved to an island off the coast of Japan called Uoshima this last August. She went into preterm labor and was not able to make it to the mainland where the hospital is before giving birth to baby Mia 14 weeks early. She had the baby on the boat but luckily there were not complications with the delivery. Mia is not fully developed in her heart, lungs, and eyes and has a bacterial infection right now. I'm so proud of Stef and Jesse that they are taking things so well. It is tough being literally on the other side of the globe. We love you guys and are praying for you!!

5 comments:

Christie said...

Such a sweet little thing. That would be quite the trial. I'll remember them in my prayers

Brittany said...

wow how small! they'll be in our prayers too. btw love the name Mia it's so cute!

Colby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My heart goes out to them! We're pulling for them, too!

Chelsey said...

I am so sorry to hear about the complications with the baby. I hope baby Mia is doing better.