Sunday, October 6, 2013
New York, New York!
Well we got to go to the Manhattan Temple for... drum roll please....
Devin and Katie's wedding. I think Katie is an amazing addition to our family and I'm so glad she chose my cute brother.
It was so great that all my siblings and parents were able to go (but we missed Jennifer a ton!)
The temple is right in the middle of skyscrapers and you could walk right past it and not even know it. We had to cross the street just to get a shot with the angel Moroni.
We did SO MUCH in such a short amount of time, it was crazy! We went to see Wicked on broadway. Can I say that it was amazing?
We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I was amazingly huge. We took about a hundred pictures inside, but I will spare you guys from it all.
We stayed at the Millenium Hilton literally across the street from the Freedom Tower.
Each person that passed in 9/11 had their name around the pools of water. There was a small stream of water for each name. The imagery was a lot to take in because of the sheer volume of water flowing into the pools. We found my cousin's name. We remembered, and we cried. It was a really beautiful tribute.
We went on a mini cruise around lower Manhattan. The Statue of Liberty was closed because of Hurricane Sandy so we were only able to see it from afar. Luckily it was a beautiful day and not too cold.
We went to the top of the Empire State Building with a magnificent view of the city.
We walked miles and miles over those 4 days. We had an unlimited subway pass while we were there and we used it a lot, but we had so many stops nearby that it was a lot of footwork.
We had to stop and get some of the amazing New York cheesecake.
NBC Studios and 30 Rockefeller Center.
I even got to meet up with my dear friend, Bonnie who lives in Manhattan. We had a delightful dinner at a little french restaurant near her apartment.
My Uncle Bryant and Aunt Diana were amazing hosts and let us spend a night at their place as well as take us all over town too. We don't get to see them very often, so it was a real treat to spend time with them.
There are a million other pictures that I will spare you from, but we won't forget the late night chats with family, the beautiful wedding and the great company. It was an amazing trip and I am so, so, so grateful for Grandma Diana for taking care of our kids. Because of her we could actually have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















2 comments:
I wish one of my siblings would get married in NYC so I could have an excuse to go. I'm soooo jealous!Sounds like such a good time, what a fun trip!
Awesome trip! Congrats to Devin and Katie! What a wonderful time!
Post a Comment